Safety Goggles are protective eyewear with semi-rimless, untinted polycarbonate lenses with anti-scratch coating and UV protection in a wraparound frame with slim temples. Untinted lenses can be used indoors and outdoors without interfering with color recognition. This protective eyewear’s polycarbonate lenses resist impact and have an anti-scratch coating to prolong lens life. They protect the wearer’s eyes from 99.9% of ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) light with wavelengths up to 385 nanometers (nm).
The translucent blue wraparound frame and 9 base curve lenses extend the range of peripheral protection. The semi-rimless lens design with slim temples reduces weight on the face and fogging on the lenses. The eyewear has a soft, adjustable nose piece for comfortable, secure fit, and comes in a microfiber bag for cleaning and storage. This eyewear meets the American National Standards Institute/ International Safety Equipment Association (ANSI/ISEA) Z87.1-2010 and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Z94.3-2007 personal eye protection standards for quality assurance.
Protective eyewear, such as safety goggles or goggles, is worn to shield eyes from hazards, including flying particles, heat, chemicals, and harmful exposure to light. Face shields and helmets may be also be used with protective eyewear, especially when welding or working with molten materials, to provide additional protection. Eyewear is sometimes designed to wrap around the side of the head to extend protection to the periphery; the extent of this protection is measured as “base lens curve.” Base lens curve has a typical range of 6 to 12, with a 6 being on the flat end of the scale and a 12 providing the maximum amount of wrap around the head. Protective eyewear is commonly used in the manufacturing and construction industries, among others.
- Protective eyewear with untinted lenses can be used indoors and outdoors and don’t interfere with color recognition
- Polycarbonate lenses resist impact, have anti-scratch coating to prolong lens life, and provide 99.9% UVA and UVB protection
- Meets ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2010 and CSA Z94.3-2007 standards for quality assurance
- Wraparound frame and 9 base curve lenses extend the range of protected peripheral vision
- Semi-rimless lens design with slim temples for reduced weight and fogging, soft adjustable nose piece for comfortable, secure fit