PGM-IR Protable Leak Detector
The PGM-IR self-calibrates in 4 minute intervals by drawing ambient air through its filter to provide a good “zero” baseline, enabling the monitor to be used in contaminated environments without affecting the readings of the target gas.
Additional features include datalogging of up to 200 readings, and a leak check mode with "tick-rate" audible / visual alarms. The PGM-IR’s probe helps to locate leaks in small or hard to reach places and provides up to 12 hours operation on a fully charged battery.
- Long-life, Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) sensor allows for precision low-level leak detection
- Detection and measurement of FCKW / CFC, HFKW / HFC and HCFKW / HCFC refrigerants, as well as CO2 Carbon Dioxide and N2O Nitrous Oxide
- Locate leaks in contaminated or high-ventilation areas – immune to changes in temperature and humidity
- Cut leak inspection by 50%
- Instrument comes with battery pack, probe, charger and soft case with shoulder strap
- LCD screen displays real-time gas concentrations with an audible tick-rate to pinpoint source of leaks
- Locate leaks within display cases where traditional leak detectors cannot
- Applications include refrigerant gas detection, trace gas analysis and medical monitoring
The PGM-IR is an advanced portable monitor that uses long-life non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) sensor technology for analyzing and checking low-level gas leaks.
With very fast response and clearing times, the unit can identify and pinpoint very small levels of refrigerants, nitrous oxide or carbon dioxide gas in ambient air, showing real-time concentrations in either parts per million (ppm) or elapsed time weighted average (TWA) with a resolution down to 1 ppm
For N2O and CO2 are special models available.
Gases: All common CFC, HFC and HCFC refrigerants
R11, R12, R21, R22, R23, R32, R113, R114, R123, R124, R125, R134a, R227, R236fa, R245fa, R401A, R402, R402B, R404A, R407A, R407C, R408A, R409A, R410A, R422A, R422D, R424A, R426A, R427A, R438, R500, R502, R503, R507, R508B, HFP, H1211, HFO-1234YF, H1301, H2402, N1230, FA188, FC72, N1230, HFO1234ZE, R407f, NOVEC 7100, 7200, 7300, 7600
Optional Gases: CO2 (0 – 8000ppm), N2O (0 – 1000ppm)
Optionals require an alternate NDIR bench installation in the PGM-IR
Sensor : NDIR; Lifetime 5-7 years
Measurement_Range: 0 – 10000ppm
Warm-Up Time: Refrigerants / CO2 = 5 min; N2O = 15 min
Leak Detector Mode: Tickrate; alarm signal
Response Time: 90% in 5 s; 100% in 7 s
Operating Temperature: 0 – 50°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C – 50°C,
Ambient Humidity 5 bis 90%, non condensing
Power Supply: Li-Ion rechargeable battery with charger
Dimensions: 203 x 483 x 127 mm
Weight : 3 kg
IMR Environmental Equipment, Inc. reserves the right to adopt technical modifications without prior notice.
- Portable Gas Analyser PGM-IR